Monday, July 13, 2009

Summer Movie Review...first up, Transformers 2

So far I have managed to see every movie this year by continuing a tradition of doing nothing else on Friday but going to the movies. So here is my first review, ill have Bruno and Hangover reviewed within the next week.

Transformers 2: A- or 3 stars

I know a lot of critics have a problem with this one, but let me tell you, as a fan of the old transformers cartoon, and as someone who saw the movie with others who had no clue what an optimus prime was, I have to tell you, despite what the critics said, in my book, it scored an A- or 3 stars.

Ok so they never exactly explain how they drive from Egypt to Jordan without going through Israel, or how exactly the Pyramids ended up on the Sinai Peninsula.. So the geography is a bit off and the movie should have been a half hour shorter, but otherwise, the character develoment went well... the collagen in Megan Fox's lips only seemed to have made her hotter and the battle scenes arent as close up as in the previous one. So you can actually tell who is fighting who.

I saw no reason for it to get anything less than 3 stars but the critics really pounded this one. At first I wanted to say its because they probably werent fans of the series, but I saw it with people who never saw the Transformers cartoon and they all loved it. Personally I think the critics just got upset at the fact that it was a half hour too long, a point I agree with, but I do not agree with the half a star alot of papers are giving it.

The fight scenes were done well, the character development was superior to the first one and the computer animation was perfect. This movie is one of those things you will have to see for yourself because the critics are way off when it comes to this one.

A-, 3 stars..




No comments:

Post a Comment