Monday, July 13, 2009

Season opener of Entourage was great, Hung was..... surprisingly....

Season opener of Entourage was great, Hung was..... surprisingly....

Surprisingly good. I must say, the idea of a show about a male gigilo brings me back to the Schneider movies that had plenty of laughs.. for a movie... but to make it into a serious (sort of) series? well that was something that I thought would for sure bomb.

But in my opinion it didnt and it wont. The flashback sequences, the character development all worked perfectly. Thomas Jane, the guy who portrayed the Punisher, does an outstanding job as a teacher whos luck forced him to call for desperate measures in order to make money. The kids were funny and the way his wife is portrayed as an annoying mom who the kids want to get away from is genuinely, perfectly done.... I actually felt bad for her.

Two thumbs up for the newest surprise hit for HBO (apparently it was more watched than Entourage and everyone that I know of who watched it, said it was great and were as surprised as I was in how good it was!)

A+ two thumbs up...


As far as Entourage goes... last season it was really cool seeing Vince struggling as he fell from the mountain top, only to regain his momentum and land a movie role, just as it started to appear he was finished... showing that one must never give up in life no matter how many boulders are put into ones path....

so..... for the new season opener of Entourage, it appears that Eric has decided it’s time to spread his wings and is looking to move into his own place, but it doesn’t go that easy for him. Last night’s episode also saw Lloyd and Ari battle with each other, over Lloyd’s future.

And as for Vince, the premiere saw him keeping busy. Not only was he seen trying to get his driving license and prepare, but last night, we also saw him in a starring role of a new Martin Scorsese movie “The Great Gatsby,” which he was promoting on Jay Leno.

A+ for both premiers..


next week I will give my opinion on a show that all my friends are begging me to get into...

True Blood. ive watched a few episodes, its good and I am very surprised a show based on modern vampires made it this far, but I promise, next week I will give a fair and honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment